First experiment would be to test enlargement of blade cutting edges. The illustration shows a considerable enlargement, starting with a little at a time. Note well- testing for balance as with tires, is important as are safe welds. An old blade could suffice so to avoid permanent changes on the lawn mower,( in case this experimenting is stopped). Enlargement of blade (by welding) will greatly increase "blower" effect of machine. A heavy "screen" could be tested over the output opening to retain larger chunks until broken down. ("Screen" should easily pass chunks, perhaps twice the targeted- large size chunk) . Static electricity must be controlled. One economical solution is to simply spray water into process which effectively dissipates the charge. Water also reduces dust hazards
If results are positive, a heavy circumferential "sieve" might work best for a final, more dedicated version. A circumferential collector would channel output.
Note: These pages are placed in the public domain and are furnished "as is". The author assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of the concepts in this series. All pertaining laws should be satisfied, in duplicating or testing my concepts or descriptions, as are posted on my linked pages.
Email comments welcome ~~~~~~~ email@example.com
Tel : 207 342 5796 . . . (Maine)
Three directional (three axes), ring reinforcement visualizations for lightweight concrete
and labor saving, 24/7 concrete construction . Just add water!
Concrete pump using recylced radials, click here for a cost saving concept.
crete wall method- " corduroy wall" page
No time to more carefully edit wording...... A lawn mower has been converted into an EPS grinder. The machine is actually a 24 year old 10 HP BCS walking tractor multitasker. I took the old mower attachment and flipped it 180 degrees, easy with BCS spline. EPS intake needs to suck material in. Notice patches of snow, not to confuse with EPS.
(You can find used mowers at bargain prices, any lawn mower will work with a little forthought). Welded a few scraps of metal inside the shroud to "rake" wind swept EPS. Welded on a grate, (shelf from junk fridge). Welded grate at the grass clipping outlet. This keeps EPS inside until it is small enough to pass through. Tack welded a plate with 10" hole.
Hole is closer to center of blade, more at suction point. Added a collar over hole to fit a handy stove pipe for EPS chute.
I welded on some bars surrounding outlet, so i could clamp on some fabric like a giant bag. You can see i stuffed some holes with old foam rubber, (recycled mattress). I used some recycled "skrim" from a wedding party. It is loose knit and next time I'll use something closer to bed sheet or curtains. The Chopped EPS can be seen through the fabric, and patches of snow also. No time for modeling. A stapler was used to sew long seams together, (electric stapler). Paper clamps were used to seal opening. Last picture shows fabric opened up. Particles are sized from 1.5" (3cm) down to fines. A smaller screen could be used for finer stuff).
Other pages in this series. (Click on blue writing to follow links.)
Comments are invited and consultancy is offered. These research reports are in the public domain and are furnished "as is". The author makes no warranty, express or implied, for any purpose. The author assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this research. Bo Atkinson, enersearch Tel : 207 342 5796 . . . (MaineUSA)
E m a i l- firstname.lastname@example.org ___ Spam filters are in use, if your personal email doesn't get through, try calling: 1-207-342-5796 ~ Please start speaking when message-machine answers and we will pick up the phone when possible, as this method filters spam calls, (due to listing this number for so many years, on the internet).. Unsolicited sales which are not directly related to discussion of this work are not welcome.